Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I am Constance's granddaughter...

My dad has been organizing the basement. 

It looks amazing. 

And the coolest thing is the stuff he is finding. 

Like these pictures! 

Without further ado...a little of my Hinsdale Family History. 

 This is my Grandpa Hinsdale.

 He was a Marine Pilot in WW2.

 One of my few memories of him (he died in 1995) was him flying me in this little plane. 

He never talked about the war and it wasn't until after his death that we learned he had earned a Silver Star. 

I am so proud to be the granddaughter of an American solider. 

 This is my Grandma Hinsdale. 
(She died a few years ago). 

You can see where I get my crazy cat lady side from.

 She was a nurse and an amazing cook. 

My dad still talks about her cooking with a tone of intense fondness and nostalgia. 

 This is my Dad's grandpa Sparhawk. 
(My great grandpa).

 His name was Elmer. 

He looks like a total badass. 

 My dad!

 You can see how he looked like his decreased brother and you can see how my sister's sons look like him. 

I have 27 cousins on my mom's side.

 I have 2 on my dad's.

 Melanie and Tiffany

. Here is a picture of them and their husbands with my dad's brother Don and sister in law, my aunt Karen.
 (about 20 years ago) 

We have a book on Hinsdale Genealogy that dates back to the 1200's. 

 Hinsdales are known for their excellent memories and intelligence. 
(I got the memory thing...)

On my Hinsdale side I am a 14(?) generation American. 

Every day I am proud to be a Hinsdale. 

Coming tomorrow....my Wilson family history! 

Brace yourselves! 

Gingers, Irishness, and 27 cousins! 

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment