Monday, June 8, 2015

Say something

So...here is my life lately. 

Brace yourselves. 

It's about to get REALLY REALLY crazy. 

(Ok, not REALLY crazy. Or evenly mildly crazy even)

I have been teaching with the sister missionaries from Kutztown on and off.

This lesson was with my cousin Deanna.

 This fulfills my goal to be a better cousin and a better member missionary. 
I made the Kutztown sisters take a bunch of pictures in this cool stone enclosure place.

 I ranted to them about not having a lot of pictures in my own mission scrapbook and how I wasn't going to let that happen to them :) 
Me and Sister Callaway.

 I actually saw her mission call on Instagram before she even got to the field.

 She is super cool and loves the Gospel so much.

She and Sister Asi are being double transferred out of Kutztown.

Who knows what weirdos we will get in there :) 
Awesome jump shot!! 
Teaching with the Milford sisters is my favorite though.

I love our Milford sisters! 


They will both be here for at least another six weeks. 

I could teach with them every day and never get tired. 
Not that this stops me from teaching with the Broomall sisters.

 I  owe Sister Simmons (on the right) SO MUCH.

 She was the one who never gave up on me and brought me back to missionary work after 12 years. 
I chopped my hair off.

Not many people notice.

 It's ok.

 I LOVE IT! 
I've been scrap booking my sister's wedding.

She is writing the story of her and her husband on her blog and it is the FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ.

So, my life has been missionary work, scrap booking, and work.

I've discovered that I get a lot done on weekends at the office, so I've been spending a few hours there every weekend to catch up.

Summer has been hard.
(to answer your question, Sarah).

I HATE IT.

I hate the heat.

But I am trying to focus on the things that are amazing about summer.

The fireflies.

The smell of camp fire at night.

The flowers and beautiful trees.

The realization that the next season is FALL.

My beautiful fall is just a few short months away.

I don't know though.

Maybe this will be the greatest summer of my life.

Let's hope so.

Lori Ann 

2 comments:

  1. Your summer sounds so magical... Fireflies!! I've never seen those before.
    I'm counting down the weeks until Spring time here, only 12 more weeks to go! So you'll be happy there and I'll be happy here once September comes!
    I hope this WILL be the greatest summer of your life. Anything can happen :)
    By the way, how much of your time is spent teaching? How do you fit in your full time job as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should just switch off lives every six months so you can always have spring and summer and I can always have fall and winter! I go out with the sisters a few times a week- sometimes all day saturday. Yesterday I raced home from work, took them to an appointment, took them out to dinner, went to another appointment and then took them home. It was 5 hours.I am kind of all or nothing with things. I will eventually burn out. But the sisters we have right now are AMAZING. And I want to watch out for them- they seem like such babies to me now. I am old enough to be their mom and I would want someone to watch out for my daughter if she were far away. I am LOVING YOUR BLOG RIGHT NOW..KEEP POSTING! (at least a daily Zoe picture!)

      Delete