Wednesday, March 23, 2016

On a red eye midnight flight

I know I post a lot of tribute posts. 

But I don't ever want to die have something unsaid. 

And I have been blessed to always have amazing people in my life. 

My two favorite have always been and always will be my sisters. 

I was listening to "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks as I was cleaning tonight 
(my "cleaning mix" has a lot of angry feminist music!) 

Anyway, this song always reminds me of my sisters. 

My favorite lines are:

 "Right way Mary Ann flew in from Atlanta on a red eye midnight flight

She held Wanda's hand and they worked out a plan and it didn't take them long to decide

That Earl had to die" 

When I was in the hospital last month

and they didn't know if I would make it

 my mom called my sisters.

Danielle got to the hospital in 15 minutes and Erin bought a plane ticket that night and was there the next day. 

I wouldn't trade my big sisters for anything in the world. 

I thank my Heavenly Father every day for them and know He put them in my family and my life for a reason. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say that...and leave you with some awesome Hinsdale kid pics...we were kind of a big deal in the 80's :) 
Erin's high school graduation. I don't know why I am making that face.
 Probably because I still had another year of high school in Jersey. 
Before I lost my blond hair. And I was already glaring/smirking at Jr :) 
Danielle and Erin spent every summer for years trying to teach me how to do a cartwheel.
It was a lost cause. I'm hopelessly lacking in grace. 
We had some seriously epic poses. And see those bars in the background?
We used to spin on them and I fell off so many times. What was I thinking??
(Ignore my fingers..a lot of these are pictures of pictures)
ANYWAY- probably Easter about 30 years ago :) 
My mother was always perming my hair. But I like my dress in this one.
Erin looks disgruntled. Probably realizing I was the 'stylish sister'. :)

Lori Ann

younger sister of

Danielle Christian

and

Erin Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment