Friday, April 3, 2015

And you're beautiful


So... 

My sister Erin is getting married! 

Before I talk about how excited I am, let's revel in the fact that I will soon be the very last of the 

Hinsdale spinsters!!!  

I don't think Erin will even be able to claim 'crazy cat lady' status once she is married. 

It's all mine! All the titles and honors of true spinsterhood will be all mine at last! 

ANYWAY....

She is getting married on May 8th to a man named Daniel Waters. 

I have been thinking of him as "Danny boy" in my mind for a long time. 

Similar to how I think of Danielle's husband as "Jackie boy". 

Not sure what is going on there. 

Her colors are black, red, and gray. 

She got a dress. 

It's beautiful. 

And most importantly....

She got a maid of honor. 

ME!!!!!!

You guys....we all know how long I've waited for this day. 

To be NOT just a bridesmaid, but a maid of honor. 

Missing my sister Danielle's wedding is one of the few things that I really regret about my life. 

I know I was where I needed to be (on my mission in Chicago) but I still feel a void where that wedding day and celebration of my sister should have been. 

I am glad that I won't have that same void when it comes to Erin. 

I am so happy for my sister. 

She is one of the best people in the whole world and I wish her all the happiness in the world. 

I am glad she has found a guy who appreciates her and is willing to stick with her in good times and in bad. 

Now to just get them to move out east....

Yours truly...

Lori Ann
Maid of Honor

(You know that is how I will be signing off during every entry between now and May) 

1 comment: