Sunday, February 22, 2015

Todo sobre los Benjamins, baby!

So, Shauri and I went to Philadelphia yesterday. 

To get Amish donuts and rainbow ill shirts.

Without further ado...

The highlights of another epic Hinsdale/Mientus City Adventure! 

#1 When we were driving through China Town and Shauri looks over at me..."Are your doors locked?". 

I hear the clicking of all the car doors locking.

 I look over at her in shock... "You fear the Chinese?" 

She shakes her head sadly and says "I don't trust myself"

(She was locking the doors to prevent herself from diving out and trying all the different kinds of restaurants. I COULD NOT stop laughing) 


 # 2 We were literally half a mile from our destination when I accidentally directed Shauri to get onto the Ben Franklin bridge. 

Which I think took us into Jersey.

 And cost us 5 dollars.

 Shauri is always such  good sport.

 She called her dad to tell him "Dad...I'm crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge!" :) 


# 3 This is not the official Rocky statute.

 Just the weird one they've got in the Constitution Center. 


#4 Me, in front of Independence Hall.

This is where the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were written, people! 

More importantly...

 I wore my hair down for this trip, people.

 It was SO ODD.

 I can't think when my hair is down. 


#5 We obtained various Philadelphia themed t-shirts for the sister missionaries.

 I wish the church would give me the official calling of "Mission memorabilia collector"....and a 10,000 annual budget. 


#6 The Amish donuts.

The pictures I take can never do them justice.

 The only problem with Amish donuts is that you will never be happy with Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme again.

 NEVER. 

Lori Ann

p.s.- a Shauri- gracias por tu amistad y por siempre haciendome reir  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment