Monday, July 4, 2016

Long may our Land be bright

Image result for american flag

It is our Independence Day. 

As I have mentioned a few times in the past, I am a 16th generation American. 

It doesn't really matter how long your family has been here- we are all equally American. 

But I feel connected to this land so strongly. 

I have only left the country twice- once for Canada and once for Europe. 

And I felt a little lost the whole time I was gone. 

I am so grateful every single day for the freedom I have been blessed with. 

I am so grateful for the sacrifice of countless thousands of others who came before me, who sacrificed their lives and loved ones for this incredible gift. 

I don't have if I would have been as brave as they are. 

Happy Birthday to my beloved homeland. 

Lori Hinsdale

1 comment: