Friday, January 13, 2017

Rich baby, kept me from the cold

 
I was looking back on this blog and realized I had captured so many amazing moments that I would have otherwise forgotten.
 
 I don't want to not remember this year.
 
 This crazy first year of marriage.
 
 So, here is what you missed while I have been gone...
 
1. Marriage is interesting. Interesting good and Interesting tough.
 
2. Rich still remains the nicest man I have ever met. I never forget how lucky I am to have such a nice guy. He opens the car door for me and calls me "sexy" when I haven't showered in two days and my hair is literally standing on end.
 
3. I always sleep better when he is there. He leaves every morning at 4:30 and I am always kind of restless until I get up at 6:30.  
 
4. We are kind of a bad combination in that he has been a bachelor for a long time and I am a youngest child. So we kind of enable each other in things like eating popcorn for dinner and not doing laundry. I keep telling him that one of us has to be the adult. :)
 
5. We have memories that are just ours. For example: the lobster claw, the cat sleigh business, the Trump kidnapping, the "when I am dying you leave work immediately!" memory, the ice cream foot incident and so many others. I don't ever want to forget them.
 
6. He calls me 'the LAW" because those are my initials. Lori Ann Walker.
(and because I scare him!)
 
7. I still sign my name Hinsdale half the time. Then I cross it out and write Walker. People must think I am nuts.
 
8. When I am mad he tries to get Sugar to make me happy..."Go to mommy, Sugar".
 
9. We text or email throughout the day. Him with stories of his adorable school children and me with stories of my crazy inmate clients. Our jobs are so different.
 
10. I am realizing more and more how different our families are. In good ways and bad.
 
11. Once he sets his mind on something, he can't stop thinking about it. Like "Where is my screwdriver?" or "I should take out the trash". I have learned its just better to let him deal with whatever is on his mind than try to change his mind or make him wait.
 
12. We have opposite taste in just about everything. Music, movies, food, candy, books, hobbies. But we can watch "the fugitive" and "national treasure" together and do puzzles. So that is a start :)
 
So, it's been 2 months of adjustment, compromise, and fun.
 
 It will be fun to see where we are this time next year.
 
Lori Ann Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment