Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What do you mean, he don't eat no meat?



I only managed 9 months of vegetarianism.

Not because the desire for meat became overwhelming but because I moved back in with my parents.

You can't live with my dad and be a vegetarian.

It would be like trying to live with an apostle and be an inactive.

Anyway...

Here are the

Top 5 Things that I got out of my 9 months of Vegetarianism!

5. Veggie products are REALLY good.

My favorite is the veggie chicken patty.

If you've been afraid to try a boca burger or vegan cake..go for it!


4. It's weird how hard it is to live in this world without meat.

You realize how much you ate before, how it's in so many dishes, and how it can be tricky finding ways around eating it.


3. Going vegetarian WILL break fast food addiction.

 Meat is the center of almost every fast food meal.

 The only one with a veggie burger is BK and it is so-so.

When you come back to meat you realize how crappy most fast food burgers and chicken patties are.

 Also, for some reason, without eating the burgers, the fries and everything lose their taste too.


2. Going vegetarian will not make you a healthy eater if you weren't one before.

I completely thought that I would lose millions of pounds and be running a marathon, drinking my protein slash veggie shake that I had strapped to my arm as crossed the 26th mile.

 Instead I was eating a lot of grilled cheese and gummi bears, laying on my couch, watching Revenge on Hulu.


1. Vegetarians seem a lot less smug and irritating if you join them.

 They become super supportive and encouraging.

 I made some great veggie friends, learned some awesome new recipes, and challenged myself in a way that I have never have before.

I am still contemplating a vegetarian lifestyle. I think I could do it.

 I'll get back to you on what I decide.

Right after I eat this steak my dad made me :)

Lori Ann

p.s.- Even though it was technically only 9 months, I am still considering my bucket list goal of going vegetarian for 1 year accomplished! I learned what i was meant to learn, I think. Go me! That is 1 goal I got done in 2012!!

3 comments:

  1. 9 months is an outstanding amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is still awesome!! I can't go two days without meat-so I beleive you rock!! It's a noble accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete