Friday, November 28, 2014

Which is soft but it's clear

Press play before reading!!
 


This beautiful thing is 11 today.

I haven't seen him once.

I've been out most of the day and I gave him his gift yesterday (because I have no self control) but I am still sad.

I wanted to see if he looks any older now that he is 11.

He's 11 now but when I look at him I still see my sweet baby James.

I used to sing it to him.

I knew even then that it was something I did more for myself than for him.

I think he would have preferred me to sing nothing at all!!

But that doesn't stop me from having magical memories of holding the James baby (with his large head that all the ladies always commented on "Look at that baby's head!") and rocking him and singing.

Goodnight you moonlight ladies

Rockabye sweet baby James

Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose

Won't you let me go down in my dreams

And Rockabye sweet baby James 

James Ray...if you read this one day....

I love you. 

I have always loved you 

You made me life magical from the very first day you were born

On a chilly black Friday afternoon in 2003 

You will always be my turkey baby 

And I am always here if you need anything

Aunt Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment