Saturday, December 19, 2015

Wide Open Spaces

I am SOOO tired but I can't sleep. 

So, let's haul out the old New Years Resolutions! 

Before Christmas, people.

 It's a new record! 

Anyway, it's not so much resolutions as a goal in every area of my life. 

Spiritual: Attend church weekly, renew my Temple recommend and read the Book of Mormon three times over the course of the year 

Physical: Complete 2 more half marathons, be able to run 3 miles without stopping by end of year, exercise 5-6 days a week

Financial: Get out of all non student loan debt- which means paying off my car, any random bills, credit cards, etc. I don't really have that much, but its enough to be annoying. 

Emotional: Do something every single month that gets me COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone. Challenge myself. 

My motto for 2016 is 'Be your best self today" - I think if I look at these goals one day at a time, they are manageable. 

I want to push myself and not just drift along, not happy, not stimulated in any significant way, and kind of just existing. 

That Thoreau quote from Walden has always meant a lot to me- the one about not wanting to get to the end of his life and discover that he had not lived. 

I don't want to either. 

Carpe Diem, people. 

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You seem so inspired right now, and it's very... Inspiring...!! Can't wait to see you achieve your goals in 2016!

    ReplyDelete