Tuesday, October 4, 2016

She took all I ever had

This post is dedicated to my father. 
(and is being written as a stress outlet...sorry you are my target, old man!)

They say a lot of men, when their daughters marry, look at that daughter and see their little girl. 

My father sees this. 

As he watched me make my LITERALLY dollar store invitations by hand, he indicated that he felt I was too caught up in the party and the fussing and wanted way too much.

I needed to focus on the purpose of all of this. 

The marriage. 

For just one day I wish I could give that man ANY other daughter than the three he has. 

I think I will likely be able to bring this wedding in under 500 dollars total. 

My dress was 25, most of the food will be potluck, my cousins are helping with decor, the cake is a gift, and we are borrowing tables and chairs. 

Some people's invitations are more than my whole wedding will be. 

And I just wish he could live in that reality for a day. 

Back to your regularly scheduling blogging about cats and centerpieces later this week. 

Sincerely,

Lori
A father's worst nightmare aka bridezilla of the year! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your dad knows how lucky he is to have you! Also, Am I gonna get a dollar store invite?? (Fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete