Monday, June 27, 2011

Maybe together we can get somewhere..

THE GREAT MONROBIE CAMPOUT OF 2011
My sister's husband was at Scout camp at the beginning of this week. So my sister decided to include me in her camping extravaganza with the kids.

And people, it changed my life.

Here's an overview of what may officially be the wildest night of my life.

Number of Popovers ruined by Katherine Danielle Monroe: 12



Number of surprisingly cheerful Titanic tribute songs written by one James Ray Monroe (not the president): 1 (see below)

Version 2: The Titanic Song
(sung to the tune of a jaunty sing a long)

Why, oh why did the Titanic go down?
Because an iceberg hit it!
What, oh what are we going to do?
Said Mr. Fluffy Pants.
I guess we'll go down to our graves.
Down to our Graves.

Hours spent actually sleeping in the tent: 0


Memories of smore eating, song singing, soccer playing, sibling squabbling, papi story telling, and laughing like crazy people in the tent as the stars came out into the night sky: Countless

Best. Night. Ever.

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Lori, I am going to have your blog made into a book, so the kids can have memories of all the things I am too lazy to blog about.

    ReplyDelete