Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And there are storms we cannot weather


"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”
August Wilson

I like this quote because it speaks to how I am feeling today.

Today, I feel like there are so many parts of me that I want to change.

I crave the approval of others.

I lie to myself, all the time.

I rarely follow through on the things I say I am going to do.

I consistently chose comfort over happiness.

I think that we so rarely know other people.

 Maybe its because our own psychosis is so overwhelming or our lives are so busy, that, in reality, we don't really WANT to know other people.

It's too exhausting.

I am all too pleased with a nice surface acquaintance.

Almost no one really knows me.

 Not that I am some sort of psycho or anything..much of what I present to the world is me.

Just not all of it.

For example, this very blog post.

 I know tomorrow that I will be regretting it, because I prefer to blog about my love for my nieces or nephews or Taylor Lautnor:)

I hate that people will be reading this, feeling uncomfortable, wondering "yikes, do I leave a supportive comment, or just wait this moody phase out?"

Yet, this blog is much more representative of the real me than any I have written before.

I don't know what I am saying anymore.

Goodnight:)

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. About a year ago I stopped setting any goals for myself because I was so sick of lying to myself. It's like I've lied to myself so many times that I've destroyed all trust. It's kind of depressing. We are our own worst enemy. I still haven’t figured out how to begin rebuilding that trust, or if it’s even possible.
    But for what it's worth I think that the "self" we choose to show others is actually a much bigger part of who we are than we give it credit for. We all just have an inner dialogue that won't shut up sometimes. This comment isn’t making any sense, but I’m going to post it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post didn't make me feel uncomfortable, I was like, yes, I know what you mean! i hear you! And that is awesome you would post it. I feel like I have to fit a certain genre in my blog, and I've had to throw a few out that I thought were to mean or too serious. It's like I only want to show one side. Don't feel dumb for posting this, it made my night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, it's no fun being honest (especially with ourselves). We all can relate in some way.

    Bravo...

    ReplyDelete