Friday, December 11, 2009

Nobody knows it


It was my sister's birthday today!!

There is so much I could say about Erin.

 She has literally been there since the beginning.

 I always feel a little bad for girls who grow up without sisters.

 I've heard them say "Oh, this friend is just like a sister to me".

No friend is like a sister.

 And no sister is like Eri.

Erin is the funny one.

 I always tell people that she is the smarter, funnier, snarkier version of me.

Erin does genius impressions of my dad.

 I think she does him better than he does himself:)

Erin has the best insight into people of anyone I have ever met.

There are so many hours upon hours she has listened to me, and she always clarifies things and makes me feel understood.

Erin is also the only person in our family who can dance.
(although Dad makes unfounded claims that he can)

 It's like she got all the rhythm that was supposed to be divided between all six of us.

There is so much I could say about my sister.

She is an example to me, she knows the 'real Lor', and she has always been there for me
 (cliched but true).

I thing there is only one way for this blog tribute to end..with the immortal lyrics of Elton John:)

This one is for you, Eri!

Nobody knows it
When I was down
I was your clown
Nobody knows it
Right from the start
I gave you my heart

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment