Saturday, January 9, 2010

I saw the end, before we'd begun


I love Pennsylvania.

I rarely express sincere sentiment, it makes me uncomfortable.

So, this feel awkward to say but something about Pennsylvania is healing to my soul.

 I feel at peace when I am there.

And something you love that much should only bring you happiness, right?

Then why am I sitting here in the dark, listening to "the Dance" by Garth Brooks like some 13 year old emo kid?

Because, once again, for the 29th season in a row, the Philadelphia Eagles have let me down.

(now I've switched to "goodbye my lover", by James Blunt)

The city of Philadelphia is cursed.

 Our only good team is the Flyers (hockey) and I really consider them more Canadian than Philadelphian (its hockey after all).

I can't do it anymore.

 From this day forward I renounce all football watching.

Let it be written.
(except for the Superbowl and then I am really only watching for the commercials)

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment