Friday, November 4, 2011

Random Thoughts: The Friday Night Edition


  1. I have a raging internal debate about when to decorate for Christmas..now or after Thanksgiving? If they just made Thanksgiving decorations (classy ones..not trashy hand made turkeys!) then we wouldn’t need to have this discussion with ourselves every year.
  2. There have been some surprising elements to my new job. The one that freaks me out the most is people asking me to assess them for court. Like, they need to look crazy for a judge. Let the ethical dilemmas abound!
  3. I still don’t have a sofa. Or a table. Or a TV. I’m living in my apartment like a squatter. Only squatters probably have more furniture than me.
  4. It’s so beautiful here right now. I’ve kinda stopped taking pictures though because pictures can’t capture the amazing feeling of fall in PA.
  5. I’ve almost been at my job for 3 months. You know what that means! Benefits, baby. Which means I will be able to sign up for therapy. I can’t wait. I am doing it solely to steal other therapist’s techniques/put myself in my client’s shoes.
  6. I’ve recently fallen back in love with toast. Oh toast, how could I have forgotten your delicious goodness??
  7. My Spanish goes further down the drain with every passing hour. If I have Hispanic clients at 11 am, I am chattering away like a magpie..at 5 pm I am like “Hola, mi amigos..como estan?” and then smiling nervously, hoping I won’t have to talk.

  8. This Thanksgiving, I am going to take a stand for all of us non pie eaters. We are going to have our just desserts!

  9. I have to stop watching “soldiers returning home” on Youtube. I can’t keep crying every night!
Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment