Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Perks of Being Single

Let me preface this post by saying that I know what I am missing. Eternal companionship. Camaraderie. The joy of motherhood. Some seriously amazing things. Which is why I console my spinster self with the following...

Bubble baths (bubbles added later or they all fizzzle out) and Harry Potter with sparkling cranberry juice.
Late night noodles and apple cider.
Wait..this isn't a perk. It's the work I've been avoiding. Ohhhh...see, you can avoid work as a spinster. There's no avoiding the children. They'll find you, no matter how hard you hide. The same can't be said for my discharge summaries:)

On an unrelated note, I reread my patriarchal blessing today. I keep it in my Life Ambition Book, which I keep in my desk. I didn't notice this part until after I stated my career. It's helps me feel calm, like I've got the right job.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment