Monday, December 12, 2011

Beautiful and Strange


I just got back from my weekend at home. Here's what went down...

1. I heard the two most epic talks in LDS church history. For reals.

2. And by "epic" I mean the following things were mentioned: infant sacrifice, the zombying effects of Ritalin, what kind of snow tires to get if you move to Vermont, the importance of trading your pain pill buzz for some excellent Motrin, and how pride is easily swapped for charity.

3. My baby James got baptized! It only took 2 dunkings:) It was not your run of the mill baptism, which was perfect, because James isn't your run of the mill kid. I can't believe he's 8!

4. I attempted my long dreamed of armoir tent at my sisters house. It was unsuccessful. But me, Junior, and 3 of the 4 Monrobie babies still watched Return of the Jedi on blu-ray:)

5. I watched the new fear factor at my parents. My dad always tells me that 'this crap is rotting your brain'. As if watching people eat live scorpions could be anything less than educational:)

It just got real in here. Oh Snap.

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Well, your epic talks beat mine for sure, but I still got to listen to a blow-by-blow retelling of the movie Ben Hur, which, being a three hour movie, takes a good 20 minutes to retell. The basis for this as a Sacrament meeting talk was, as far as I could tell, that Jesus appears in the movie four times. And that it's better than Titanic, even though Titanic won more Acadamy Awards. I know the Church is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you're burning up the roads to Quakertown quite often.....A little homesick on the regular..are we??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I've heard of these talks from Melissa!! They sound creepy....very creepy!! Worst of all, I'm starting a writers group starting this Saturday (if your in the neighborhood) and certain said person will be there!! Did not know they were wacky. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete