Thursday, November 15, 2012

As they tear your hope apart

You guys,

Oh my gosh.

Today I went to the first day of a two day training on suicide response. 

It's a training for therapists BY therapists.

Which is as funny as you might imagine.

There was a lot of sitting in circles, a lot of sharing, a lot of  "what I hear you saying is.." and "it sounds like you feel..." s . 

Each person had to talk about how suicide has impacted their life and I kid you not

; as each person spoke, the entire circle would pivot toward them,

 recross their legs, make eye contact, and offer an encouraging smile.  

It was both bizzare, slightly annoying, and oddly cute. 

On to day two tomorrow.

Then, as a treat for myself,

 I am having a sleepover with those crazy Monroe babies!!  


It's rare that they're all out on bail at the same time, after all :) 
Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say that I love when I recognize what song your titles are from. It makes me sad when I don't. *singing* "As they turn your dream to shaaaaaa-aaaaaaa-aaaaaame..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I still watch that Susan girl singing this on Britian's got talent. She is so inspiring:) Thanks for always reading and commenting. I need to do better with that. I read every one of your posts but never comment:/

    ReplyDelete