Tuesday, March 5, 2013

On a little rowboat to find you

I got to go walking this morning with this handsome guy.

We talked about everything.

All the important life topics that philosophers have discussed and debated for centuries.

Minecraft. Angry Birds in space. Something called Temple Runner 2. Call of Duty.

And somewhere between all the talk of games and apps, we had a great conversation.

We talked about life. About times we have been sad. About how life is not always fair. And about the potential that he has to do anything and be anyone he wants to be.

It made me realize that I need to listen more. Especially to the kids. I really have a hard time listening. It's what I do all day, so I don't have the patience for it once I get home. But it wasn't until we covered all of the gaming things that he wanted to say that he really started talking to me. About stuff that doesn't involve an ipod, ipad, or laptop.

I hope that one day the kids will read these entries and know how much they have always meant to me. Being an aunt is the most important thing I do and the best part of who I am.

Anyway- on a related side note- I walked a mile and half this morning! Holy Hannah- I am so going to get in shape and make you all EVEN MORE jealous. Brace yourselves!!

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. I knew he would complain about how unfair it is that he cannot play his ipod whenever he wants. Takes after his dad. :)

    ReplyDelete