Monday, March 4, 2013

Till eternity passes away

We went to Philadelphia again this weekend.

I have seen more of Philly in the last two trips than I did in the entire year that I lived there.

I guess its a little sad that I didn't get around much, but it was grad school, people. I had school, internship, job, and my nightly 9 pm date with a plate of cheese fries to focus on.

Gosh, you people are demanding. It's a good thing you are also incredibly hot too. It balances out the demandingness.

Anyway- the Museum of Art was AMAZING.
We saw some Picasso, Van Gogh, Renior, Monet, Manet, Pollock, and hundreds of others.

And though they whined and dragged their feet for some of it, I think the kids really enjoyed themselves.

And for me there is nothing more magical in this world than introducing my nieces and nephews to new things, new ideas, new places.

Like I always say- I wish I could show them the whole world.

But I'll settle for Philly, NYC, and DC for now.

Anyway, in closing, I have decided that I am going to give a name to all of these recent trips and things we have been doing. It'll be the Spinster Chronicle's first REAL series. (since "poor girl's fancy" never got off the ground.)

Let's call it the "Live Your Life" series.

Look for another exciting update soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Because we are going walking slash kite flying in the park at 7 am.

You know that is going to be epic.

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. That is seriously the best part of being around children- being able to introduce them to things you love and things that had an impact on your life and experiencing it again through their eyes as though it was your first time. I love introducing my kids to movies I loved as a child. Watching the get excited about E.T. or Home Alone or Wizard of OZ is as much fun as watching it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I have been waiting for these years with my nieces and nephews. The years of discovery and traveling and watching the Breakfast Club together. Well..eventually the Breakfast Club. We'll start out with Pretty in Pink or something. But it is truly magical. My favorite part of life is being an aunt:) What kind of adventures are you up to with your sons?? We demand a blog update!!

      Delete