Saturday, March 23, 2013

Random thoughts on a Saturday Night

So...

This dieting is making me feel crazy. I think it's probably the first diet I have ever been on when I have had to address my actual food addiction. I am dreaming about English muffins. And getting weirdly crabby with people. I think that jolly Lori only functions with a large amount of caffeine and sugar. 

My parents have been in Paris all week. I've decided that I am going to be the next one to go on an exciting adventure. Maybe Jersey. It is; after all, the Paris of the East Coast:)
 (the bay always did remind me of the Seine) 

I miss blogging. I think sugar powered my blogging before. So prepare for a slightly darker tone to my future posts. Instead of song lyric titles, it will be excerpts from my stream of consciousness angst poetry. Wait...that will be what the posts are. The titles will be angry, declarative statements, like " Jelly is death" and stuff like that.
I think this is what this blog has needed for a long time. An edgy, emo undertone. I won't be satisfied until my readers leave every post asking themselves "Was that just a blog post or a cry for help?" Just thinking about it makes me want to go and paint my nails blood red and try to add another piercing to my ear.

We had a 'no parents, no rules' sleepover with the kids last night. (Jr and I). It got pretty wild. Some of the children stayed up until 4 am. (they staggered down the stairs in the morning like they were hung over!)
My favorite moment (besides watching James dance with a corn dog in each hand) was taking them star gazing on the hill behind our chapel. They all ran up before me and all I could see as I walked up was the kids, looking up, huddled together against the cold, against the backdrop of a stunning starry sky. It will always be one of my favorite moments from my whole life. I know it's not the same; because I am their aunt, not their mom, but I love them all so much. I wish I could give them the stars. 

I think I am going to update my blog header tomorrow. Brace yourselves. 

A quote to end this scintillating post...


Lori Ann


2 comments:

  1. I'll say it again, those kids are so blessed to call you Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:) I happened to get lucky enough to get the best nieces and nephews in the world. These kids are insanely awesome!

    ReplyDelete