Monday, March 25, 2013

You'll never see the moon

It's snowing here today. 

This is strange weather. It's probably the end of the world or something. 

Today my parents come home from Paris. 

I am excited to see them and even watch their 700 picture slide show.

I am blessed to have the family that I have. 

Especially my sisters.
My mom must have had a thing for strappy sandals
My parents are great- slightly evil, of course, but great.

But when I think of home, I think of my sisters.

They support me in everything. They are the only two people on Earth who really know me. 

They've told off bad friends of mine, helped me move, listened to me rant for hours, encouraged me when I could barely put one foot in front of the other, called me when a song on the radio reminds them of me, threw me strange and hilarious birthday parties, picked me up off the side of the road when my car broke down, they do my hair when I want to feel confident, they get freaked out excited for me when I accomplish something. 

Danielle bought me a gray sweater dress for when I reach my weight loss goal from all of this crazy dieting. 

Erin sends me festive flowers randomly.

Anyway, I know they don't approve of posts like this. 

But I made the decision that I wouldn't leave anything in my life unsaid. 

Lori Ann
 (the baby) 

3 comments:

  1. What I want to know is what scandalous thing Danielle was doing to cause both you and Erin to stand with mouths wide open?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve!! I love you Lor!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of everything you've done in your life. You're the coolest sister anyone could ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. My only sister is seven years younger than me, and was just in 5th grade when I left home for college, so we never really knew each other growing up. We're closer now than we've ever been in our lives, but now we're separated by geography. I wish we had more shared memories. I hope my daughters can be as close and as supportive of each other when they're adults as you and Danielle and Erin.

    ReplyDelete