Saturday, December 13, 2014

Heavenly Peace


So, I've been trying to read my scriptures every day. 

I am doing the random "let me open up and see what God wants me to learn today" method of scripture study :) 

It's been interesting. 

The older I get and the more of life I see, the more valuable I find the words of God contained in the scriptures. 

I've read from every standard work this week, I think. 

I gravitate towards the New Testament and the Book of Mormon but they are all amazing. 


I stumbled on this one this week. 

I know that, in comparison with almost every one else on Earth, I am very lucky and very blessed. 

I try and remember that. 

But there are some days when I feel so lost. 

And overwhelmed. 

The holidays are always a tough time for people with mental health issues. 

I've had people LITERALLY on their knees saying "please help me".

I worry about them. 

I worry that I can't help them enough. 

I know God is watching out for every one of them. 

Just like He watches out for me. 

And when I find scriptures like this, on days when I feel like I just can't keep doing this, it reminds me that I am not doing this alone. 

It's never just me and the other person there in my office. 

I can feel the Spirit there so strongly some times and I always hope my clients can too. 

I just want them to be able to know that God loves them and has not forgotten them and there is no pain that they go through that Jesus did not feel. 

There is no burden they are bearing that He cannot take from their shoulders. 

Lately I've been feeling like I need to slowly head towards Christian counseling.

Maybe even specifically LDS counseling. 

I feel like I am working with one hand tied behind my back because I can only present my clients with half the answers I feel like they need.

Instead of giving them the homework of writing a letter to their childhood self, I want to give them the homework to pray and look for God to inspire them and guide them. 

To ask Him to lift their burdens. 

Anyway, I know this post was kind of long and rambling but I have been thinking about this alot. 

And I am so grateful for the knowledge I have and the blessings I have and the scriptures in my life. 

In closing, my favorite Book of Mormon scripture...



Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Actually this post is beautiful and timely. Thank you! I felt the spirit reading it. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete