Thursday, December 25, 2014

Using and Boozing

A lot has happened in the last two weeks, people.

A LOT.

A marshmallow creature went down the dark path addiction.

Erin came home for Christmas.

I obtained a hat/mitten combo that looks like a penguin!

I formed new alliances at work.

(But kept the old ones)

I've been crafting too much.

I think I have holiday crafting mania.

It should be a specific diagnosis.

Anyway...here are some pictures to catch you up on the life of Lori Ann....
This is Elly wearing my penguin hat at The Monroe Christmas Concert! They did such a good job! 
I had a Christmas Party for my teen group! (Well, and group discussion and such) 
Then I had an unauthorized Festivus celebration at work! Notice the marble rye sandwiches, the cookie (which is black on the other side) and the eclair with one "bite" taken out of it :) 
Perhaps the most important event of this holiday season (apart from Christmas itself) was the funeral for our beloved marshmallow snowman, Patrick. He fell in with a bad crowd and got hooked on meth. We take comfort in the knowledge that he is at peace finally. Kelly (part of my new alliance) gave a very moving eulogy and I made me friend Shauri come and sing God Be with you til we meet again. 
We gave Patrick a Viking Funeral! (We aren't allowed to have fire at work, so we had to put him in the microwave)- This is him, slowly blowing up- it's the way he would have wanted to go. 
Shauri, holding the storyboard of Patrick's descent into addiction. 
We made gingerbread houses with the nieces and nephews! They are all already so much better at it than me. 
The sisters gave me the awesome gift of a crockpot cake and...
The coolest scrapbook ever! It had pictures of different things that we have done. It was very sweet! 
Then we went and taught Barry- he was right in the middle of the whole Pennsburg shooting incident last week- SWAT was even in his house- he couldn't tell me whether or not the SWAT team was hot though.. He claims he "didn't notice" HA! As if were possible to interact with men in uniform without assessing their hotness. 
He has a calico named Trixie whom I have a love/hate relationships with. I love Trixie and she hates me :) 
No holiday season is complete without a trip to the mall!! 
I am getting ready for the Love Run again! (let's not talk about last year- it had better not rain again, that is all I am saying!) This year I have a race partner- Shauri!! 
The sisters dropped by on Christmas Day to finish their ginger bread houses. 
Sisters Udall and Roesch had just completed 3 and 6 months and I informed them that they HAVE to burn something. 
It made me laugh how much Sister Bischoff loves fire! 
Then I went caroling with them at the nursing home. 
And socially obligated them to do an action shot.

So...it's been a long, crazy couple of weeks.

I plan to write a detailed report on the life of Patrick in my next post.

If I can save just one other marshmallow creature than it will be worth it :)

Lori Ann

p.s.- I will also report on Christmas! I got a lot of things related to twerking, oddly enough. 

1 comment:

  1. Unauthorized Festivus.. Sounds amazing! Top of the muffin to ya!
    I'm so keen to hear more about Patrick!!!
    Oh, merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete