Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Live Your File


So...for all of those of you waiting for the tale of Patrick, you are going to have to hang in there. 

It's time for my New Years Failed Resolutions Post! 

I think I have introduced you all to this phrase before but it's one of my father's favorite things to say and it is the kind of horrible thing that sticks in your mind. 

The phrase is "mental masturbation".

I think we all know what that means. 

Or maybe not. 

Either way, goal setting is kind of like that for me. 

It makes my brain feel good because I'm all "GOALS!" but it's always the follow through that is tough. 

One thing I have learned is that I do not have internal discipline for a lot and so I need to create an external motivator. 

With that said, here are my resolutions for 2015 and how I am going to motivate myself to accomplish them. 

1. Run/Walk at least 3 Half Marathons  
Signing up and paying money seems to be a good external motivator for this one- also the tacky thrill I get from discussing my training and my half marathons is a motivator!

2. Get to my goal weight
 An important wedding is coming up- which I shall not mention because it's not my news to share- but I want to look good for this wedding AND if I get to my goal weight by my birthday, I am going to go back to Europe...nothing motivates like trips to Europe!

3. Cross 12 things off my Bucket List
 I am working on the motivator for this one

4. Attend Sharing Time EVERY WEEK for a year 
I am a notorious sharing time ditcher- my motivator will be giving someone else my keys- like the missionaries- so that I can't leave. And maybe committing to help every week in some way, so I know I have to be there. 

5. Update this blog daily (with one day off a month)
 I barely blogged this year and that makes me sad. This blog is going to be like my journal this year- I am going to motivate myself by putting it on my to do list- that forces me to do things :) 

I think that is it. 

I wish my goals were more thrilling. 

But my real goal is to take time to work on me. 

Not like lounging in front of the TV time but working out, getting a more professional wardrobe, working on my calling at church, building myself up physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

I always tell my clients that we take care of this things we value. 

I need to value myself more and get myself to a place where I am happier, healthier, and in  better position to help others. 

I know that the purpose of my life is to become more like my Heavenly Father and to also serve others.

 I can't serve others effectively if I am falling apart. 

Wish me luck!!

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. I volunteer to be your external motivator when it comes to blogging daily - I will badger you until you post!! Happy new year :) I hope 2015 is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete