Monday, January 19, 2015

I live and breathe this Philadelphia Freedom

City Trip: Take 3
(plus my testimony)


 Despite being "grounded" from city trips by my mother, I secretly planned and executed another city trip with the sister missionaries and my new BFF Shauri.
(although she may be ready to kill me since I made her the navigator and then shrieked like a crazy person at her)


 The Milford Trio wanted to spend a few hours in the art museum, so Shauri and I took the Kutztown sisters to the Rocky Statute, Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and then we got all mixed in with some MLK protests.

 IT WAS EPIC! 

 The Amish donut place was open. 

ON A MONDAY!

 Which never happens.

 I think Sister McCuen was having some kind of spiritual experience eating her donut. 

It was hilarious!

 ' Oh my gosh....This is the BEST donut ever!" 


 Shauri kept me focused and probably saved us all from certain death as I drove like a literal lunatic through the city. 


 The infamous 10 minute art museum trip!
 (for us anyway..the Milford Trio stayed for HOURS)


 THEN.....I missed the exit to take the Kutztown sisters home and ended up having to drive WAY past their house and back again.

 Poor things.

 I got them home 2 hours later than they hoped to be home! 


Protests, Amish Donuts, jump shots, American History, a random side trip to the Poconos and street vendor food. 

Best. Day. Ever. 

Lori Ann

p.s.- In honor of these brave young women, who give 18 months of their life to sharing the gospel, I will be brave enough to share my testimony here. 

I know that God lives. 

I know God loves me. 

He loves all of us.

He wants us to be happy. 

He gave us the Gospel of Jesus Christ to lead us back to Him and to help us to be happy in this life. 

If anyone who reads this blog (hi, mom!) wants to learn more, I would love to introduce you to these amazing missionaries.  

My father's family was converted by two missionaries who knocked on their door one day. 

My mom's family was converted by the good example of a friend. 

Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I know it is true. And I am lucky enough to have the Gospel in my life because people were brave enough to speak up, to serve, to share the Gospel.

I owe it to them to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment