Saturday, January 24, 2015

This emptiness fills my heart


There are moments in my life when I feel very lost. 

Sometimes I wonder if I will look back and be like "Is that what I made of my life?" 

Anyway,

Along that same lines, I have given one of my clients an assignment recently that I did myself a few years ago. 

It's kind of cool. 

It's a way of finding out your individual purpose in living.

So, here is what you do. 

Open a blank document on your laptop or grab a blank piece of paper. 

Start writing what you think your purpose of life might be.

It can be serious, it can be silly, whatever. 

Every time you write something and you know it is not right, you either delete it or erase it or cross it out.

When you get to your TRUE purpose in life it will bring tears to your eyes. 

I did this.

Even though it felt a little facebook gimmick-y. 

And it worked. 

I spent about an hour writing and erasing.

Putting things I thought sounded good or what I thought my purpose in life SHOULD be. 

But when I wrote the following words (which kind of came out of nowhere)

"To become who I am"

I started to cry.

This might not make any sense to anyone else but it makes so much sense to me.

And knowing that purpose helps me when I feel lost. 

So...I challenge you all to try it.

Good luck!

Lori Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment