Friday, January 29, 2016

And he has found me

As anyone who has read this blog knows, I am kind of obsessed with song lyrics. 

I connect more to the emotion of song lyrics than to any book, poetry, movie, or any other form of artistic expression.

Probably the only thing that inspires me on the same level is Pennsylvania in the fall.
Only 2 1/2 seasons to go until fall is back! 

Anyway, one of my favorite songs ever is "on my own" from Les Mis.

I particularly love the line "the river's just a river". 

There are so many things I've wanted my whole life and I can almost imagine that I have them in my mind and then I wake up and realize that I never had them, can never get them and that life goes on. 

(I am NOT talking about marriage- holy Hannah- I've been doing more marriage counseling lately and my resolve to die a mean, cat obsessed spinster grows stronger daily!) 

Anyway, the lyrics 

"I love him, but every day I'm learning... All my life I've been pretending" 

really hit me today. 

I can't ask someone for something they don't have to give. 

And it's time to let go. 

And be ok on my own. 

Like Eponine! 
(I would prefer not to die in revolution, though...)

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment