Wednesday, September 14, 2016

To drag the past out into the light

Random Thoughts on a Wednesday

I have been going through my blog and editing and deleting posts and getting it cleaned up and ready to be printed.


Not that I am done blogging.

Fear not!

But I do want to print out the Spinster Years.

Maybe for Christmas.

Anyway, its so funny to remember the last 7 years and the little stories I forgot and pictures I haven't looked at in years. 

I would say a few common themes have emerged in this blog over the last 7 years.

 I tend to do best with "Random Thought" posts. 

My mind resists themed or one subject posts. 

I am 100% the HAPPIEST in Fall. 

Every single fall, my posts become filled with happiness and excitement and a million pictures and goals and just life. 

For every amazing fall, almost every summer is clearly depressing. 

My posts are apathetic and pointless. 

I say "Is summer over yet?" at the end of practically every post.

 I write like someone with a lot of underlying, barely concealed insecurities. 

Frequently apologizing for rambling posts, seeking laughs or approval in blog tributes and weird immature jokes. 

On a related note...

The two biggest changes since the beginning of this blog are:

 increased self confidence 

and 

 falling out of the aunt role I loved so much. 

Maybe it's been the last year. 

Almost dying.

Losing Lily Jane. 

Finding Rich.

Accepting certain things I could never accept before.

I am stronger and be calm and confident about who I am as a person than I have ever been. 

And, as much as I love being 'Aunt Lori' I respect that my sister had to set boundaries for herself and do what she thought was best for her children.


I miss them though. 

60 days until the wedding!!


Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment