Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I Meant to say Wednesday!

Ok, I have seen a lot of other people do these "what I meant to say Wednesdays", but this is my first- wish me luck!
This is hosted by Chief..click on the picture to check out her awesome blog and link up and play if you want!
Ok...It's "What I meant to say Wednesday - The Group Therapy Edition"
Client # 1- You don't know me. Don't act like you know me.
Me: Ok, that is a fair assessment.
WIMTS: Did you steal that line from a movie? Because I swear I've heard it on every 'dangerous minds' '8 mile' type movie since about 93.
 
Client # 2- I don't like you and I don't have to talk to you!
Me: I am sorry that you feel that way and I hope we can get to a place where you feel that you can trust me enough to share
WIMTS: Sweet, so we feel the same way about each other.
 
Client # 3- This is SO boring
Me: Well, this group is really directed by you all. What can we do as a group to make this more interesting and worth your time?
WIMTS: I know, so boring right? Maybe they'll let us watch some movies here! Let's ask, if they say yes, I swear I will buy the pizza!!
*I love my clients and my job and don't mean to mock them in any way. Just expressing my frustration and some of the first thoughts that pop into my head when interacting with the kids!*

Lori Ann

5 comments:

  1. Ah... the work WHAT I MEANT TO SAYS

    They are priceless!

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to flip the switch on these little b's...start being a Sue S. from Glee. Take matters into your own hands. You make the rules! Kids only respect their own way of thinking. So go in there and next time one of those little bombs start mouthing off..say "you think your hard, yeah! let's take this outside, I'll show you my steel" or when they say "you don't know me" say, "that's what you think, you little s***..I'm the eyes and the ears of this institution, I read your notes, I go through your stuff..." or you can say "of course I do, I'm your worst nightmare" Crazy responds to crazy..trust me! No more of this nancy pancy nice counselor..take them into a real ghetto and tell them your leaving them there and whoever comes out alive when your back in 24hrs earns some life stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wrote this anonymous comment? You are HILARIOUS!!! Is this you, Erin??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Lor! I was to lazy to sign in under my google account!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed by your patience! I love your WIMTS's!!

    ReplyDelete