Thursday, April 1, 2010

You know what I hate??

I hate, more than anything else on Earth, smugness.

I CANNOT STAND IT.
It's what really propels my political views. I don't think I'm being biased when I say that there are FAR more smug liberals than smug conservatives. (though I am sure that both exist). Liberals just have that smug "I am smarter than you and I really care about people, unlike you" attitude that irritates me.
ANYWAY,
I was reading someone's blog and she was commenting on how she was excited about health care reform, and I was like "oh well, whatever makes you happy". I am not a fan of it, but I don't begrudge anyone their opinion...until...
the comments section.
I kid you not there were AT LEAST 100 comments from Canadians, stating things like "welcome to the modern world...finally you've learned that you need to be like us"
OH MY GOSH.
Which brings me to the other thing I hate most in this world..
Canadians!

Lori Ann

8 comments:

  1. Well, did you know that I am smarter than you but I really care about people, unlike you? hahahaha, that was an awesome post. Loved it. All of the political stuff in general lately is getting under my skin like sand in a swimsuit. I understand people are empassioned, angry, etc, etc, etc, but I no likey when things get ugly. BTW, I'm totally Canadian. Welcome to the modern world.

    PS-No, I'm not. But I think I'm super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I see you're not making comments visible until you approve them now. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please direct me to that blog. I want to read it. (PS: You know I share you fondness for Canadians.)
    PPS: Did you know that Glamazon's husband actually served his mission in New Found Land. Funny huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's that famous blogger from Utah..just google dooce and then when you get there, scroll down a few posts. There is some Chinese blog with the title "lolee"..mine is "lo-lee". Anyway, I kept getting crazy Chinese spam comments, so I started moderating. It annoys me because I hate when other people moderate their comments. I might try taking it off and see if I stop getting spammed:) Tell me what you think about the blog and I will have to get Glamazon to tell me what her husband thought about NewFoundLand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i is the smugness. especially while i'm drinking my yummy lime slushee from sonic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn liberals and Kanuks. That's kinda funny cuz the Canadians (and Brits) I've heard from don't really like the universal healthcare stuff.
    I just find it really funny that the politicians that made it happen are excluded from the plan...interesting..
    I'm always up for trying something new, so we'll see. I remember back when they thought it was crazy for women to vote or all that crazy civil right's talk back in the 60's. Point is, maybe it could work-even if it looks unsavory at the moment.
    Wow. Sorry for the late night rant....
    Liberals are totally lame.
    And Canadians put gravy on their fries...What the what???
    There I go again...sorry...I gotta go to bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pretty sure that mandating someone to do something is in the opposite direction of the suffrage and civil rights movements. I did not mean that smugly. I just keep seeing the correlation made and I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not saying they are the same thing at all, just using them as examples of things that seemed 'crazy' at the time they came about is all! Trust me, I'm not liking this new healthcare crap, either. I'm just trying see the positive of it somehow.

    ReplyDelete