Sunday, July 29, 2012

Based on a novel by a man named Lear


You guys,

I used to write fan fiction.

 I stopped a few months ago because I wasn't feeling inspired and I had so much to do at work.
 (and I remembered that I wasn't 13)

 But every once in a while I get a new review from someone who has just found one of my stories.

This was probably the best review I have ever gotten.

 In an email inbox of work related email, Geico bill reminders,spam, etc its so nice to find something like this. ...

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY AND WONDERFULLY BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING

AND I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW THIS STORY MAKES ME FEEL
I JUST- CAN I SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU AND THIS STORY AND YOUR DAVE ESPECIALLY YOUR DAVE BECAUSE MY GOD I THINK THIS IS THE BEST LOVE STORY I'VE EVER READ AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HAD TO STOP READING BECAUSE I WAS OVERWHELMED BY THE SHEER BEAUTY OF THIS FANFICTION


I MEAN SERIOUSLY, HOW DO YOU EVEN WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THIS? IT'S AMAZING.YOU'RE AMAZING. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS AMAZING.

(AND I'M SORRY FOR YELLING AT YOU. I'M JUST SO EXCITED. I THINK YOU PROBABLY REALIZED THAT BY NOW... AND I'M GONNA STOP YELLING NOW... okay there)

I want to be a writer. 

Maybe I'm not there yet. 

Maybe I need to be more dedicated and figure out what genre I should be writing.

 But you guys, I think I could be a writer.

 Like a legit, weird eye glasses, holed up in my office drinking black coffee, temperamental writer. 

So, get excited for that. 

Lori Ann
 (I've already picked a pen name- Sticky..what do you think?)

4 comments:

  1. I can give you a few ideas about what genres you don't want to write in. I would love to see something funny and ironic that everyday people can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I read what you've written? I'm not familiar with fan fiction and when I searched under your name I couldn't find your stuff. But yes, you could totally be a legit writer! I've always thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link please!! I need a good story to read!!
    And your a natural. I could see u doing a twilight-y book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot link to my fan fic, sadly. It's specific to the Glee fandom and a little bit...umm..unorthodox? As soon as I write something that is completely non controversy free, I will totally publish it on this blog:)

    ReplyDelete