Wednesday, July 4, 2012

For amber waves of grain


I like to make resolutions.

 Not really to keep them, but I really do love to make them.

I've resolved to do all of the following
(at some point)

-Not play Settlers of Catan for 4 years
(I think I lasted a week)

 Give up all soda
 (I've lasted about a day on that one)

 Stop reading trashy novels
 (I've been working on this for about..umm...20 years)

So, I am not actually great about achieving my resolutions.

 Today I decided I wanted to change that pattern.

I wanted to make a simple resolution and keep it. 

My resolution is to

 Find Happiness

My life has kind of been idling along  for the last few years; without a lot of direction, and I've been content to just go along with whatever came my way. 

I've never actively looked for happiness.

I've been content with being comfortable

. A lot of times I've counted on others to provide me with happiness or at least something like it. 

But I need to do this for myself.

Because I don't want to be living a life of quiet despair.

 I don't want to get to the end of my life and discover that I have not lived. 

Anyway,

Happy 236th birthday, America- land that I love.

 I'm intensely proud to be an American.

 It's such a blessing.


Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. May I just say, you always inspire me! I think your goal setting is fun and courageous and you are doing awesome at your vegetarian one! Anyways I know you will find the happiness you are looking for ;-) Good luck on your next adventure!!

    ReplyDelete