Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer came like cinnamon

Sugar's favorite cousins
5 reasons it's been festive having Erin stay with me this summer

5. She keeps my (evil) cat entertained and extremely spoiled

4. She always knows exactly what kind of snack to get me.

She is the only one who completely understands all of my "food fussy" rules.

3. She makes me do stuff for which I initially drag my feet but which I always am glad did.

  Like swimming for hours.

Getting my phone fixed

. Going tubing down the Brandywine River.

 Listening to Justin Beiber.

 Seeing Magic Mike...umm, Snow White. 

2. She makes me dinner.

 It sounds lame but after years of coming home to an empty apartment and trying to think up

something to cook when I am so tired,

it feels like magic when someone else has a plate of spaghetti set out for you. 

1. Erin makes me laugh so hard.

We have this ongoing debate about me being awake too much at night.
 (I wake up once or twice for a drink, etc)

So, I was trying to sneak into the kitchen to get a drink the other night and (of course) it woke Erin up.
 (she has the hearing of a bat!)

 Anyway, later that day she tells me that she didn't think I was getting up for a drink but I was; in fact, doing a "dry run" in my plot to murder her in the middle of the night.

It doesn't sound funny, but it was!!

Who accuses their sister of having a few midnight practice runs before going forward with their sinister murder plot?

The last two summers have been epic.

Last summer I moved up from NC and spent most of the summer having crazy fun with Danielle and the kids.

 This summer, Erin came back east and has been entertaining me. 

I guess that means that next summer is the summer of me and...Junior?

 Yikes.

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. Lor!!! This was such a nice post! Thank you!!! I did hear you lurking around last night getting ready for the main event. I would of expected you to title this blog "2 spinsters and a cat". Hahaha, I'm excited for our tubing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited to hear about your next summer with Junior! :)

    ReplyDelete