Monday, September 3, 2012

The winters cannot fade her

And yet MORE random thoughts!

I think I have recently come to a completely new level of maturity.

 I am no longer emotionally invested in who wins Project Runway.
(but if it's not Gunner, I am going to freak!)


I got 13 of the 15 items on my to do list done this weekend.

 Strangely, both items left on the list were related to cleaning the bathrooms.

Weird how that happened.


I kind of want to replace my laptop with an Ipad.

 Ipad users..is it worth it?

 I would want to be able to do all my Internet stuff, read on it, and write my great American novel too. 
Today, I got to live one of my long held dreams

. I got to drive with my dad in the backseat while I controlled the radio!!

 He ranted and raved while I played Lady Gaga.

 It was magical!

 I'm sure that next week I will be in the back seat,

 listening to the smooth sounds of jazz radio, while my dad lectures me on something like the stock

market or the bombers of WW II or proper vacuum cleaner maintenance.
(all topics he's lectured me on)


I need to finish reading Moby Dick.

 It's slowing down my progress on the greatest books of all time list.

 Damn you, Melville and your whaling encyclopedia masquerading as a novel!




Speaking of smug liberals, I finally switched my voter registration from NC to PA.

Let's do this dance!

 I can't wait to vote!
(File this under "Things I say that remind me I am an adult on the downhill slide to middle age")


I am now obsessed with the song "Little Green" by Joni Mitchell.

 It's about the baby she gave up for adoption.

 I wonder what song my famous mother wrote about me when she had to give me up?

 Maybe we'll never know..
(but my guess is "Shooting Star" by Madonna)


My big plans for this blog are still getting underway.

Brace yourselves. :)


Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. Chris loves his iPad, and does everything on it, but he hates using it to write anything longer than an email. He even has a keyboard and it's still a pain. I think it's not actually the iPad so much as the word processing apps available. Actually, now that I think about it, it may just be Google docs that aren't all that compatible with the iPad. So you may have to discount everything I just said and get advice from someone who actually knows what they're talking about. But, hey, a comment! (for me, at least, it's quantity of comments, not quality that matters)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my ipad. If most of what yous use the computer for is surfing the internet and sending emails, the ipad is perfect. If you do a lot of word processing, it's a pain. Also if you burn CDs or watch DVDs on the computer, that's harder too. It is worth considering though. I;m trying to sell my laptop and just use the ipad.

    ReplyDelete