Thursday, March 17, 2016

And such was life

I know the Internet has been abuzz with speculation at when I would post again...
Lucky for the Internet, today is that day! Moments 6-4 are on their way. 

Let's do this dance!!

6. The day after I turned 23 I was flying from Utah to PA and I had a stopover in Chicago. This was before cell phones were everywhere so I ran off the plane and grabbed the nearest payphone to call the hospital in Provo. My mom answered and told me that my sister had given birth to my very first nephew (he was born 8 days late, hence my having to leave when my sister was still in labor). The wave of love I felt for someone I had never met was intense. That was the moment that I became an aunt and it has been my favorite role of my entire life. 



5. I went through a strange Billy Joel obsession when I was around 11. He had just released a new album called Storm Front and I listened to it over and over. One of my favorite songs was one called Leningrad (listen to it below!). I asked my dad about it and he spent the next few hours explaining the Cold War to me. I still remember it to this day. My dad can take any subject (but especially history) and make it fascinating. I remember feeling really special that he took the time to tell me all that. 


4. I graduated with my Masters Degree in 2007. I don't remember much about the ceremony or even school itself (don't get me started on the racket that is grad school) but I do remember walking back from the auditorium down Broad st in Philadelphia (right in the middle of the city) and wearing that Masters Robe (it has really cool different sleeves than the undergrad one) and thinking "I can't believe I have my Masters." 6 years of living in the middle of nowhere Idaho first, then a crazy year of commuting to the city by train, to the last year living right in the middle of the city. Hours and hours and hours of class, tests, presentations, projects, EVIL internships, tens of thousands of dollars, sometimes working two jobs, and feeling like I was going slowly out of my mind....all leading up to that very moment. 


So, there you have it! Moments 3-1 will be up tomorrow.

 Fasten your seat belts! 

Lori Ann

p.s.- Sarah, I demand that you do this on your blog!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment