Thursday, March 3, 2016

I say that I don't care

This picture is to remind us all that I've survived tougher things than nearly dying and pneumonia. I survived my crazy blond phase. 

I keep having the same reoccurring thought. 

Nothing is the same. 

Nothing is the same. 

I went to my apartment for the first time in 3 weeks today. 

My flowers were dead, my yogurt expired, my furniture dusty and I felt like it had been a lifetime since I had lived there. 

I was different 3 weeks ago. 

I was younger. 

I was more thoughtless. 

I was less grateful. 

The only feeling I have to compare this to is the feeling I had on 9/11- I remember standing at a gas station in Illinois as a missionary, listening to news on our car radio and seeing the flag at the Burger King already at half mast and it honestly felt like time slowed down and I thought "Nothing will ever be the same". 

I do believe that everything that happens in our lives serves a purpose and is part of God's plan for us. 

I believe our whole purpose in being here is to learn and progress. 

I wonder what it is that Heavenly Father wants me to learn? 

Empathy? Gratitude? The importance of taking care of my health? 

I definitely have gained more appreciation and understanding of all 3. 

I guess time will tell. 

ANYWAY- soon I will be moving on from this topic and focusing on my new major goal for 2016- 

GETTING TO MY GOAL WEIGHT! 

Get ready for an endless array of fitness related posts, people!

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. This is all truly remarkable. Your life has been a snow globe!! Picked up and shaken and placed back down. I really can't wrap my head around it. 2016 is your year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! It has been the CRAZIEST year of my life- I hope all the bad and/or tough is done and the rest of my year is epic- like I marry wealthy, move to Paris and learn how to French braid. That would rock!

      Delete