Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I hope you dance

The queen of jump shots! 
Elly is the athlete my dad's been waiting 40 years for!
(in soccer she has pink shin guards and the other coaches always say "watch out for the one in pink!")
Why we usually aren't allowed to sit together at church...too many selfies! :) 
The Elly magic! 
I have the BEST nieces in the entire world. 
I just now realized that, for the first time since she turned 4, I didn't write a birthday tribute for my niece Elly.

I almost died on the 7th- I'm glad I didn't. 

I wouldn't want her birthday to be weird at all.

February 7th should always be a day of celebration! 

Elizabeth Mae turned 10 years old just 1 month and 2 days ago. 

I have seen her less and less this year as she is busy with sports and friends and school.   

Its amazing to see her become more independent and bright and funny.

She loves friends and sleepovers and writing and the phone and nail polish and everything a 10 year old should love. 

I have been so blessed in getting to see her grow up.  

She reminds me so much of her mom, my sister Danielle.

In all the best ways.

And so...in the tradition of the last six years...

To my dear niece Elizabeth Mae on the occasion of your 10th birthday...
(just a little bit late..)

Elly Mae, you aren't that little giggling girl we called our Elly Bean

You are tall and fierce and so smart..no wonder you are named for a Queen 

You still have that hair that is 100 shades of gold

It's like Elsa's hair...if she were just 10 years old.

Elly I hope you have the best year of your life

And have friends and fun and many a sleepover night.

When you read this one day, I want you to know

That you are beautiful and smart and kind and so

Stay true to the Queen Elizabeth that you are

And be brave and strong and you will go far

But no matter the distance or what you go through

Remember, the best part of me was always you.

Love always, 

Aunt Lori 

No comments:

Post a Comment