Friday, October 23, 2009

I always feel like somebody's watching me

In honor of this, the Halloween season, I will now be presenting my TWO..count 'em, TWO experiences with the supernatural.

You might want to sit down for this one!








# 1- to put myself through college, and because I genuinely love the elderly (except in line at the supermarket), I became a CNA. That's right- Certified Nursing Assistant. Anyway, during my time working in the nursing home, I saw a lot of crazy, funny, weird, and completely bizarre things. I can tell you that there is a strange energy connected with death, and that people in nursing homes all die in 3's. But that's not my story..here we go..


I worked with this couple, Lucy and Joe, for close to a year before Joe died. He died in the hospital of complications of old age and it was peaceful and expected. Anyway, that night I was getting Lucy washed up for bed and I had all the lights off, except for the one over her bed and I was in the bathroom filling up the washing basin. I had the medicine cabinet open looking for soap..when I closed it, I saw reflected in the medicine cabinet mirror, a woman, dressed all in white, with long brown hair walk by. It gives me the chills to just write about it.

I know, I know..I sound like the psychic hotline!

I swear I am not crazy though and this was the only really strange thing that every happened to me in the nursing home.


# 2- I was trying to find the house of someone in my parents branch in Pennsylvania. I had been there only once before, but I knew it wasn't far. Anyway, I got totally lost and ended up driving up and down these crazy backwoods hill roads, just trying to find my way back. I was getting low on gas, did not have a cell phone, and it was dark and foggy. Anyway, in the distance I saw this light, which I followed, and, as I got closer, I recognized it was this old stone Lutheran church which was on the way back to my parents house. It was all lit up and it got me unlost and home. I have driven past that church many, many, many times since that night and never have I once seen even one light on at night.







Strange, eh?

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Awww...you know I've missed you, right? I love that you shared your stories. The first one gives me the heebie jeebies. Ivan is gone right now, and now I'm scared...:) Good idea. I've had some creepy experiences, too, now you've given me a good blog idea! Yesssss...I totally believe you, by the way.

    ReplyDelete