Thursday, October 23, 2014

To keep her warm

Life has been nuts lately.
 
I am dog and house sitting.
 
Which has been fun and yet tiring.
 
I don't know how dog owners and mothers do it.
 
I feel so guilty every minute that I am away, thinking of them waiting for someone to come home and then I can get frustrated that they literally follow me from room to room.
 
And stand outside the bathroom, crying, when I am in there for a minute.
 
It's kind of a two sided thing because I love their affection and happiness and they are legit the cutest dogs on earth.
 
But I do admire the self entertainment qualities of a cat :)
 
 This is my Gabbie girl.
 
 She frequently pushes the Teddy bear out of the picture.
 
 She is my show pony and would like all the attention if possible.
 
 I started counting how many pictures I have taken on my drive to and from work every day.
 
 And I think I have taken about 300.
 
 Because fall is so magical.
 
 I wish it never had to end.
 
This week was the last day of this session of teen group. (don't worry- we'll start again in two weeks!) and one of my group members brought her One Direction dolls.
 
I told them that shirt and shoes are required in group.
 
But they didn't respond.
 
Which makes me wonder what is motivating this defiant, passive behavior.
 
And if they struggle to see their value beyond their physical appearance.
 
We'll explore that at length in the next teen group.
 
I am still in pumpkin carving mania.
 
Halloween is right around the corner.
 
My nieces have told me that they are going to be Bloody Mary (Elly) and the Devil (Katy).
 
I was hoping for a princess and an angel but I guess these Halloween ideas save money- Katy won't even need a costume :)
 
Work continues to be stressful.
 
I sometimes just get in these places where, no matter what I do, I can't get ahead.
 
I come in early to catch up and leave that day as far behind as I started.
 
For every evaluation I complete, there is another one being sent to my office.
 
I really need to kick my 'marry wealthy and lounge around' life plan into action.
 
Happy Fall, people!
 
Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment