Sunday, October 19, 2014

The apple trees on fire

Another Sunday Afternoon Random Picture Post\

Yeah...it's about to get real in here. 

("real" is code for 'mostly boring as you don't know these people and are not emotionally invested in listening to their stories")

 I am still working with the missionaries.

 This is one of the sisters helping one of the guys they are teaching during wednesday night Book of Mormon study. 

 Speaking of missionaries- I was trying to make a really cool pumpkin for the sisters in my branch and it collapsed in on itself!

 My first official pumpkin carving failure of the season. 

God willing, it won't be my last. 

 So, you know I love my Sugar cookie

 But THIS is how she looks at me when I come home.

 Like "Who are you and why are you taking my picture AGAIN?" 

 I've been house (and dog) sitting for my friend Michele and her dogs greet me like I am the Queen of England.

 What this whole experience with dogs has taught me is that Sugar needs to work harder to impress me.

 I can replace her with a squash or a hamster just like that (snaps fingers)


 Speaking of odd cats (as this blog does all too often)- The Hobs has been living at both houses.


 Ours and my sisters.

 And napping in potted plant holders. 

 A church selfie!!

 Because I'm focused on drawing closer to God and all of that.

 (not pictured: my Sunday school class literally running wild in the field next to me)

 I got to go up to Kutztown to see one of our sisters (Sister Simmons) who was transferred out the of the area.

 Can I just start by saying this is the weirdest picture of myself I have ever seen?

 My face shape is so odd here...I don't get it. 

But ANYWAY- we had the wildest night ever.

 I am going to dedicate a whole post to it...but a little preview would be that you can't trust your GPS,

 God is always directing us towards barbecue for dinner, and sometimes you accidentally end up on the highway. 

 Speaking of Kutztown- it was BEAUTIFUL.

 Quintessential  PA in fall beautiful. 

 Speaking of beauty- here is my brother with purple hair. 

He's getting edgier as he heads towards 40 :) 

I have been at Penn Foundation for two years now. 

The building itself sent me a card to celebrate. 

So, this update was very random. 

There are a lot of odd things going on in my life right now.

I've been out of work for a few days due to an INTENSE headache/migraine- I have been sleeping in a giant bed with cocker spaniels,

 I have been running around south eastern Pennsylvania with Mormon missionaries and I continue to carve pumpkins like it's my job.

Life is crazy. 

Like it always is in the fall. 

Lori Ann

1 comment: