Friday, October 10, 2014

Right from the start



I will now be taking a break from my regularly scheduled companionship tribute posts to list the greatest Erin quotes from my trip to Utah.

My sister Erin, in case you were unaware, is the funniest freaking person on Earth.

(Except when she is giving unsolicited life advice and refusing to acknowledge that we are the SAME age again!)

Here are the best Erin quotes of the Infamous Utah Trip 2014

"Lor...you need help and you need it fast"

"You're spiralling, Lori. I can't tell if it's up or down"

(Upon seeing my Spanish book of Mormon) "You're not going to make me read that with you, are you?"

"I know how much weird people like buttered noodles"

"Buster (her cat) just pulled a power play on me! He peed on the bathroom carpet RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!" (last words shrieked in a tone of absolute outrage)

"Mom and Dad are in the same show- Dad's backstage and Mom's out front. And you have season tickets to the show"

"You are a total manipulator- you get the pot all stirred up and then walk in like "what??" but you knew all along what you were doing!"

"Saturday Conference is depressing"

(me) "They call Elder Uctdorf the silver fox" (Eri) "No, they do not!" (me) "Yes, they do!" (Eri) "Not they do not!" (repeat times 10)

"Stop texting me at 1 am telling me you are out partying with your mission companions!"

(me) "Stop giving me life advice, we are almost the same age" (Eri) "I am the older sister, that's my job" (me) "Less than 10 months older doesn't count as being an "older sister" " (Eri- practically shrieking in outrage) "Yes it does!!"

"How many times have I told you not to call or text me before 9 am?"

"Why did you just give me half a donut? What is going on here?"

"You brought tasty cakes in your carry-on? What is wrong with you?"

" I knew it! I knew you were going to get hopped up and make all kinds of crazy plans with your companions!" (me) "It's just lunch, that's not so crazy" (Eri) "CRAZY!"

There are probably a million more in just the 3 short days I was there. No one makes me laugh like Eri.

Lori Ann
(same age as Erin Leigh)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I would pay money to witness these kinds of interactions- like fo' real. If you and Erin had a show on TLC, I would pay money to upgrade my cable subscription.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Erin, they DO call elder Uctdorf the Silver Fox, they most certainly do. And if lusting after a general authority is wrong, I don't want to be right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Conference is spiritual, inspirational, and now there is eye candy in the form of the silver fox. He has that appeal of a hot priest- where you admire his dedication to God but curse his lack of availability.

      Delete
  3. He is not a silver fox! George Clooney is a silver fox! Loved the post! Thanks Lor!

    ReplyDelete