Tuesday, October 7, 2014

5


You guys, it's my birthday. 

And the 5 year anniversary of this blog. 

And in typical Spinster Chronicles traditions, I am going to list my 5 goals for the next year. 

But I also wanted to reflect on my favorite 5 moments in the last 5 years. 

It's about to get real. 

Let's start with my favorite 5 moments from the last 5 years. 

1. My 30th birthday party- it was exactly 5 years ago today that my family threw me the most epic surprise party in North Carolina. My parents showed up as a surprise and my sister Erin asked my friends for their favorite memories of me and my sister Danielle got me 30 gifts and had a chocolate fountain and everything. It was magical. 

Here is the link to my first blog post. 

2. Passing my clinicial licensure. I was SO freaked out and SO sure I would fail (though standardized testing is my only super power). It was an incredible moment when the screen flashed in front of me and said "Congratulations!" 

3. Getting the Sugar cookie. I've never really had a long term pet. And I wasn't sure about Sugar at first. She was an Amish cat who had escaped the farm and she made my life crazy from day one. But she has been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

4. Completing that first half marathon. The Love Run. Going from not being able to walk through the walmart without having to sit down to being able to complete a half marathon in the cold and rain was one of the most confidence building experiences of my life. 

5. My trip to Utah. I jut got back from visiting my sister in Salt Lake City. I also got to see my mission companions and it was awesome. (And like they said- kind of surreal). I hadn't realized how much I missed them until I saw them again.


And now for my five goals for this year.....

1. Lose the last 70 lbs. I've come a long way but I don't want to get complacent and just stay where I am. I want to be at my goal weight by this time next year.

2. Read all standard works- cover to cover. I got new English scriptures while I was in Utah and I want to spend the year immersing myself in God's words and guidance. 

3. Start and maintain a habit of doing my hair/makeup- I've never been consistent with my appearance but I know I can create a habit if I dedicate myself to it. 

4. Complete 10 bucket list goals- not sure which ones, but I want to keep myself focused on LIVING my life, not just exisisting. 

5. Serve. I am going to get more specific but I want this to be a year (and really a life) of service. 

We'll see how it goes. 

Wish me luck and here is to another 5 crazy years of the Spinster Chronicles! 

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Happy Blogversary....but I'm wondering if I should be at all offended that I'm not a part of your greatest moments in the past 5 years...and definitely not part of your goals moving forward........I mean really......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Lori - to you and your blog! I wish you many more adventures in the year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts that contain "lists." I am always so inspired by you and your ability to reflect on your life and set goals for the future. I want to be more like that. Happy birthday to you, Hermana!

    ReplyDelete