Sunday, November 22, 2009

On the reef of Norman's woe


It's almost Thanksgiving...ding, ding, ding.. let the family squabbles and tears over pumpkin pie commence!!

Anyway, I have been encouraging my clients to think about all of the things they are grateful for, and it occurs to me that I rarely count my own blessings.

I would list them all here, but I don't want anyone to be even MORE jealous of my high rolling lifestyle.

It would make all of your lives seem even more trivial and pointless than you already secretly suspect them of being:)

That having been said
 (in the most convoluted manner possible),

 I will list just one thing of many which I am grateful for.

My sister Danielle.

She doesn't know it, but she is amazing at everything she does.

 She is the reason I served a mission.

 She is the reason I finished college.

 She is the reason I stayed in the church.

 She is the reason I never borrow sweaters from anyone!

 She also happens to be the mother of my four favorite people.

There is so much more I could say, but I think Tennyson said it best when he said:

There she weaves by night and day

A magic web with colours gay.

She has heard a whisper say,

A curse is on her if she stay

To look down to Camelot.

She knows not what the curse may be,

And so she weaveth steadily,

And little other care hath she, The Lady of Shalott.

Lori Ann

p.s.- After you read this, could you finish changing Megan-Peter? :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah, a picture of me and my jet black, I mean red, tresses. I remember when you laid the piano cover over me. And yes, I finished changing Megan-Peter, but not until after your HP book fed the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, this is going to be a fun week. The only possible problem in you two's devious plans is going to be in there is no internet access in PA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puke...what's with the emo tribute and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to think, I was going to write you a tribute next, but I guess you don't want one, devil!

    ReplyDelete