Friday, November 6, 2009

Teach your children well


Ok,

So, you may or may not know that I work with children.

*sigh*

I hate to get all serious..that's not what this blog is about.
(This blog is about chocolate and how I plan to get even with my mother..just to clarify;)

What is UP with kids today?

It is SCARY, the stuff that I see.

I was just rereading the story about that girl who was raped outside her school dance and no one did anything.

 Most of the kids stopped to watch or take pictures.

I started to think about this because of a this blog, which talks about the working vs stay at home mom debate.

A lot of people were commenting on this blog post, like "don't judge, let every family do its own thing" and it made me think...what about the families that raised those boys who committed that rape?

Shouldn't there be a way to intervene in those families?

 Shouldn't someone be judging them or at least evaluating them before these kids get to an advanced age with no real conscience?

 When its too late to help them?

And trust me, social services is overworked, and, for the most part, has no power to make the parents of these kids change how their raising their family.

 Social services is a band aid at best.

Suggestions?

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment