Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's too late to apologize

"For (the overly apologetic), they desire peace at any price.

They would rather admit wrong if the arguments and conflicts will cease.

 Emotional calmness is more important than being right.

While this may appear to be an admirable trait, it often simmers as inner resentment.

Such internalized resentment often creates emotional distance between two individuals.

On the surface things seem to be relatively calm, but underneath and emotional explosion is in the making.

Failure to process the resentment can lead to the destruction of a relationship."

Peace at any price is not the road to authentic relationships.

It might be the road to survival.

 It might be the road to "get through the day."

It might be the only thing I could think of in the past, but I want something different now.

I am capable of something different now.

I totally stole this from someone else's blog, but I feel like it was written for me.

My goal for 2011 is to be the confident and unafraid of conflict Lori!!

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything.
    -Mr. Miyagi

    ReplyDelete