Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I don't mind spending every day, out on your corner in the pouring rain...


I didn't intend for my last post to elicit sympathy. I guess it did, though!

I'll take sympathy any chance I can get..it's like crack to me :)  

Anyway, one of my all time favorite bloggers asked me to blog about my love life. 

This is the "Spinster Chronicles" after all, so I guess I should comment on my non married life style. 

I am not dating.

The South is not a treasure trove of hot, metrosexual, wealthy, Mormon men. Which are just a few of my qualifications for a future husband. Other qualifications include: good dancer, have an accent, willing to cry on command, harry potter fan, employed, have a twin, be able to fix my car, and the ability to make me laugh- which is actually harder than it seems. Most of my laughter is polite and meaningless

I could both see myself and not see myself getting married in the next 10 years or so. I have a plan for both of these contingencies. 

Who doesn't want to find the love of their life? Who doesn't want to swept away in romance and then have a long and content life with someone? Have children and a home and someone to support them? 

I would love all of these things. 

However, I am kinda at peace with possibly not having them. 

I have been in love once. Not like "in a five year relationship then he broke my heart" kind of love. I guess 'intense infatuation" would probably be a better description. 

Songs and poems and life seemed to have so much more meaning and there were moments when I felt like I couldn't breathe. 

Anyway, I hope this update on my love life (or lack thereof) is all you could have wanted, Mrs. B Roth:) 

Lolee

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh. My sweet poopsie poo. I want true crazy passionate love for you. And I want the free but lonely single life for a while. Wanna trade for a year or two?? (Well, greg's not that crazy passionate ... but he does like Harry Potter and can fake a British accent jolly well. Doesn't dance, not at all, but is Mormon and makes me laugh, tho most of his humor is highly inappropriate.)

    ReplyDelete