Friday, April 29, 2011

On the day that you were born..


To my niece Katherine, upon leaving your terrible two's behind forever. 

Katy, I remember the day you were born. (I was in class)
I remember the first time I saw you  (in the car seat on top of the armoir)
I remember your first word (I tried to make it "Aunt")
It was "Jack", in case you forgot (because you've always loved your brother)

You are the 4th child (And the tie creator)
The baby (and you will always be)
And no one was ever better suited to the role (You wear your title with pride)

You play the part of adoring younger sister (Even if the others kids sometimes forget you)
And mamma's baby to perfection (She lets you run wild!)
You are angelic in one moment (giving kisses and sweet smiles)
And a whirling dervish in the next (Remotes, water, destruction galore!)

You give Jack-Jack someone to hug (he's loved your from day 1)
James someone to conspire with (against the Elly-Jack alliance)
And Elly someone to boss (she was born to be an older sister..like your mom)

You give your Mom someone to spoil (Like nothing I've ever seen!)
And your dad someone to call "the rat" (he tried lizard with Elly and it didn't take off)

In some ways, I 've missed you the most (you keep everything lively and fun)

I've missed your Paul Newman blue eyes (you've got the best eyes of them all)
And your feathery hair (it's like doll's hair! It's beautiful)
Your desire to be part of everything (sweet when they include you, heartbreaking when they don't)
And your sweet, loving heart (You are the sweetest thing ever)

Heavenly Father sent you to us (because He knew we were ready for our 'baby' to arrive)
We are so lucky (LUCKY)
He knew we wouldn't be complete (nothing would be the same)
Without our Katy- Cat. (Rat. Ratty. Kat Rat. Deal Breaker)

I love you, Katherine Danielle Monroe!

Here's to 3 amazing years, and many more to come!!!

Aunt Lolee

1 comment:

  1. I forgot that we used to say she had Paul Newman eyes. Lovely post, Lori!

    ReplyDelete