Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Somewhere only we know


I was out of work sick today. 

I always think it's going to be so much fun to be home in my pj's, but I don't know exactly why I think that. 

I spent most of the day, wondering around my apartment, calling my sisters, making soup that I didn't want to eat and cursing because I couldn't find my Harry Potter dvd's. 

Yeah. That's right. I curse when I am alone. 

It makes me feel edgy and dangerous, dammit.

Sorry, mom. 

I can't stop watching that dang "Friday" video on Youtube. It's so bizzare. 

Also, my hipsterness is ever increasing. This week, I added Mumford and Sons, Keane, and classic Red Hot Chili peppers to the "non main stream" music I listen to. 

Go about your provincial, hum drum, unoriginal lives.  

I'll be over here, creating strange art, talking about eating organic, and other fabulous things of hipsterness.


Lolee

3 comments:

  1. I am IN LOVE with Mumford and Sons!! Monte and I are going to their concert next week!
    I loved Keane too... until I listened to them while I was trying to fall asleep and I noticed him gasp air in between every word... I can't listen to them now without noticing the gasping. They're still great though... I just have issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've liked Mumford and sons for months, am I cool now?? I especially like that the radio station like to play that one song with the eff word in the effing chorus and it's blanked out but they know I know what it is.

    Also, I bought one dozen, cage free, organic brown eggs. Cuz they had the sturdiest looking carton and I was doing a project for my kids at school. (They tasted exactly like eggs!!!)

    Hipster on dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from hearing Hayley talk about them, I have no idea who Mumford and Son's is. I am definitely not a hipster. Andrew is the one who listens to all of the edgy new stuff. Most of it sounds like cry baby music to me. I also blame the radio in Switzerland for my musical ignorance. They play about 5 songs that were popular 2 years ago in the US. Currently I keep hearing that Fireflies song.

    ReplyDelete